Monday 16 August 2010

Sushi Mondays

I just got in from Yo Sushi, yum yum yum yum yum. It's deceptively filling though so now I feel ridiculously full!! Went with my friend, her housemate and his friend from Italy which was cool. I'm glad I went, even though I'm so tired!!

Had a busy weekend, with drinks after work for a colleague who was leaving, setting up the barbecue/ karaoke for the adults then rushing up to Henbury to run a disco for the teens before heading back for some karaoke goodness. I was told that I was the best DJ ever, by a group of too cool for school Turkish 14 year olds. Praise indeed!!

Saturday I woke up to torrential rain and my heart sank, as I was off to Bath for the day with the adult students. Luckily, once we arrived in Bath the weather wasn't so bad so we enjoyed our walking tour before heading to the Roman Baths. I always forget how amazing they are, and how they were also a huge religious site. I also noticed how, like with the pagan holidays adapted to Christian ones during the middle ages, the Romans dedicated the temple to the Roman Goddess Minerva (goddess of springs), but kept the town name Aquae Sulis. Sulis was the Celtic goddess of springs, and had been the deity 'in residence' prior to the Romans' arrival. So again I was fascinated by the hybrid nature of the place. Amazing. There's also a 'gorgon' head, which has very much Celtic features rather than Roman. I really recommend it!!

Oh, forgot to mention on Thursday I also went over to Bath to hang with some colleagues from work, and enjoyed some gypsy music for a few hours! I've been quite sociable!!

Feeling a bit better, but still not happy at work. Having mentioned I'd be interested in a full-time teaching position if it came available, I was disappointed when my boss announced that a former colleague had accepted a position, as of September. Not sure whether to say anything but I think I should mention even in the friendliest of terms...

*sigh* I can just see nothing coming of my talking about it. It's clear from previous colleagues that they just don't want to hear it. I think I'll have a look around and see what's available..

I'm out, it's bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment