Tuesday 10 August 2010

keep on keeping on!

I don't have really much to say, that's why I've not been blogging much I guess.

Things are ticking over, I'm just feeling a bit blue lately, not myself, and self-fulfilling prophecy of isolation I guess which is a bit stupid since I'm out and about quite a lot!! Was home over the weekend, and caught up with some old friends - thanks so much, it was great to see you!! Trying to arrange to catch up with various people, I'm loving being back in the UK.. after being abroad for so long, chatting to friends and arranging to meet in 2 weeks or 3 weeks time is so beautiful.

I've booked up a few things for the autumn so I'm looking forward to that and hoping to see my lad a bit more than expected which is great, yay :)

After investigating PGCEs, I'm going to need a good level of French for entry to most universities. Not the one I'd most like to go to, but I've decided I might as well just learn it, and then I've got it for life. I don't think it should be too difficult for me to grasp with my background of Romance languages. In fact, although I haven't studied it for 13 yrs, I came out with a level of Intermediate on an online proficiency test!!! So I'm looking to have classes with Alliance Francaise as I think they can push me towards an AS level equivalent exam over the next year.

It's funny (but necessary I suppose) how certain you are about decisions you make, and how they often don't turn out right. I keep thinking the next decision will be the one where I finally feel settled and right and comfortable. It's funny how I really did this time last year, and almost wish I had stayed (financially unstable as I was) as the job that was tenuous back then actually would have materialised, but on the other hand I've learnt so much over the past year. I've parted ways with some people, and met other fantastic people and one special person so I can't regret my decision at all! But sometimes would like to have a bit of that back. Although perhaps I have rose-tinted specs because I'm sure it wasn't as sunny as I imagine, and I had even less money than I do now, and various other contending factors..

So... who knows. But life is definitely a journey. And at the moment it definitely has felt more like a rollercoaster. But I'll look back on now in a few years time and be thankful for it and appreciate it with the 20/20 vision we always have (as evidenced in the previous paragraph!!)

On a positive note, I'm possibly off to Bath on Thursday evening with my friend from work, and Friday is the BBQ and karaoke with the students which is always fun. On Saturday I'm off on a trip with our lovely adults to Bath, and Saturday night and Sunday I'm planning on fully enjoying the Bristol Balloon Fiesta.

I must also say that it was wonderful seeing my family a few weeks ago. I wish we all lived nearer. Grandad was in fine fettle (as they say), on great form and it was lovely to see him so well and happy after two pretty rough years. He told me he doesn't feel a bit like 80 years old! He really is inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment