Friday 30 July 2010

still going!

it's not really got better... I'm just one person taking on a whole lot of responsibility; a lot of the school's reputation depends on me doing my job well. And jus one person, who is a teacher, doing it. I think it's a bit silly really! Gonna see out the summer and then have a word. I'm jus not passionate about booking buses and going into work is now a chore, where it once was a joy (when i was teaching). Even in saudi i mostly enjoyed the lessons, or at least the small chunks of the lessons that i actually, succcessfully taught them something.

Anyhoos, i've made a bit of a decision. The good think about difficult situations, be it a job you don't like or a personal situation that makes you unhappy, it really helps you to see the direction you really want to go in. So, i'm finally going to apply to do my PGCE next year, and will probably move to the northwest to do it. For various reasons really but a change is as good as a rest. I love Bristol but don't feel as close as I did and i guess things here aren't really as great as i'd like them to be, work wise in particular (annoying how much working colours your life & your experience of it, isn't it?!), but also homelife & socially... So we'll see what happens but i'm gonna get onto it once the application process starts again.

This weekend, in fact in about 5hrs, i'm going up to Geordieland with my parents, to see my Grandad. It was his 80th birthday on Thursday. He's had a rough couple of years what with my Grandma dying almost 2yrs ago, and his health being very poor over Christmas, so we're delighted he's made this great milestone!!

Well, i'd better catch some Zs before we have to be up and on the road!

Night!!x

No comments:

Post a Comment