Saturday 2 October 2010

A catch-up

Ooops, it's been ages since I blogged.. Not sure anyone reads this blog anyway hehehe.

So it's been 2 weeks since I was in Scotland! I flew up to Edinburgh, and was delayed by two hours so didn't get to Glenrothes until after midnight. After some sleep, we got up early and Pete's parents dropped in to see us! Really good to meet them, although it was brief, then we had to go off to see the groom & his ushers and get ready for the wedding. It was so great to meet Pete's friends and really funny to see the guys getting all kitted out in their kilts - it took longer than for us girls!! We all then headed off to the Balbirnie Hotel - a beautiful country house hotel, drank some tea and then shortly moved onto gin!! I met Pete's sister and her fiance, along with other friends and family. The ceremony began around 2pm, and was a simple, humanist ceremony - really moving. I love a good wedding (even when I've only met the people involved that morning!!) They were lucky with the weather and had the photos done outside. Whilst they were having the rest of the photos taken, we supped champagne and ate yummy canapes (including haggis!) before moving inside for the cutting of the cake and a speech from Chris' dad.

Then it was into the dining area for speeches and dinner (very delicious!), and onto lots of dancing. I survived the ceilidh, too!!! Hahaha. Went to bed rather tipsy and had a ridiculously comfortable night's sleep before heading down to a delicious Scottish breakfast with lots of people from the wedding including Mr. and Mrs. Craig themselves. Pete and I then headed off to Edinburgh with Alison and Gareth and walked up the Royal Mile, had some lunch before going to the airport to fly back to Bristol. Luckily no delays this time!

Pete headed off on Monday, and in the evening, Adam and Nic came to stay the night before going off on their holidays. Busy busy!! Last weekend was a fairly quiet one, after a few drinks on Friday night, and spending the day hanging out with Jo on Saturday.

Work's been pretty busy, I'm flat out with organising social programme for 103 german students arriving next weekend, with the added pressure that I'm going to Aberdeen on Thursday for almost a week. So it all has to be ready to go. But I had a really positive appraisal on Wednesday which was great. Weighing up options at the moment and especially a bit of uncertainty as to where I'll be this time next year, but many doors are open at the moment which is good. Getting busier in general too as I have my French classes on a Monday, and joined a community choir on Thursdays with a couple of colleagues - really good fun!!! I am looking forward to November being a little less manic on all front though - even though I know it's only the 2nd October!!!

Last night we went out for work drinks, then I met up with a friend, and we ended going for dinner with a new colleague of mine, and some of her friends! It was really fun, lots of wine and good conversation. Felt a bit rough when my alarm went off at 7.30, but I had my last one-to-one French class at 9am. Then I went off to pick up my car, and met up with Mum and Dad! We went down to south Devon for the day, it was so nice, we were really lucky with the weather and had a good walk around in the sea air. We also went to Honiton before heading back. They were going to hang out with me in Bristol tomorrow but it looks like the weather is going to be dreadful (I think it's already started raining) so they're going to head home instead and I'm going to have lunch with my housemate :)

Like I say, I'm off to Aberdeen on Thursday for Alison's wedding on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting the rest of the Currie clan, and having a tour around the area! We're heading off to Inverness for a few days on Sunday, which'll be great. I have every intention on finding Nessie and really looking forward to some fresh Scottish air, good food and some time off work. It's been 4 of the busiest months ever since I had a day off. Ahhhhh.

After that, it's gonna be a busy busy few weeks, and Pete'll be back for one weekend at the end of October. Phew.

Things are ticking over fine for now, I'm applying for my PGCE, still debating whether to do secondary or middle years.. I'm not sure what's best. There are lots of possibilities in the offing so I'm going to apply anyway and then see what happens. Eee!!!

1 comment: