Wednesday 17 November 2010

Oh dear

I need to seriously buck up my ideas with this blog!! Disaster!! I'm finding myself either really busy or exhausted these days!

I've been thrust back into the full-time teaching, from between 7.5/ 15 hrs a week to 23ish, including observations of trainees, all the planning and marking and IELTS exam class. I'm totally pooped, but it's EXCELLENT, exactly what I wanted to be doing (which is a relief after all the fuss I was kicking up ;) ) and I'm trying to be more creative and use the IWBs and IT and stuff to become a better teacher. It's so good to be mentally tired from really thinking about stuff and I'm really lucky with my classes, great bunch of students (although we collectively can get a bit chatty... oops, but it's fun!)

I have my last (ever??) Saturday trip this weekend, to Wells & Wookey Hole! I haven't been for years and years, so I'm looking forward to that, gets me out of the house!!

Monday evenings I have my French class, which is going OK but I'm not feeling as challenged as I'd like.. I'm going to give it a few more weeks but I'd really like to move to a higher beginner class if it's possible. Also on Mondays for the last coupla weeks I've been doing a Spanish/ English exchange with some students. It's really cool, and I think we're going to merge with another exchange probably to a Sunday which'll be more chilled!! Tuesday and Wednesdays get filled up with stuff, and Thursdays is choir. Really enjoying it, and if you're interested its http://gurtlush.yolasite.com/ - check it out!!!

Weekends are taken up with going back home to Bucks, seeing friends or just doing absolutely nothing, which after a busy week of thinking and brain exercise is MUCH needed. I'm trying to motivate myself to go to the gym or take up some classes but honestly I don't know if I could mentally or physically cope at the moment!!! Really should do something though...

Anyway, all is well, I'm feeling much more settled, content and just looking now for a nice one bed flat or studio for end of January/ beginning of Feb. Fed up of living with people so I'm looking forward to having my own little space for 6 months or so by which time I'll probably be driving myself mad, but we'll see!!

:)

1 comment:

  1. kewel!!! back to teaching. Well done. The IWB's sound great. No such luxuries here I'm afraid. I'm back on 23 Dec till 5 Jan. Maybe catch up if u around. Besos

    ReplyDelete