Tuesday 8 June 2010

busy!!

The weekend was toooo short!!!!!

BBQ and Karaoke on Friday was great, with me and my colleague kicking off the singing in fine style. Songs sung by us and the students ranged from "What goes around" by Mr. JT, to "With or Without You", to "Paparazzi", to "Yellow Submarine". Obligatory numbers were "Macarena" by the Spanish bunch, "Volare" from the Italians, and a new entry from the Turks, "Kiss Kiss" (yes, that Holly Valance classic... apparently it's a rip-off of an old Turkish number).

Saturday was an early start after just 6 hrs sleep, and off to London with 43 Italian teenagers. After walking down to Buckingham Palace & on to Westminster, we parted ways at Trafalgar Square, and the Italians hit the shops. I went to meet an old uni friend for coffee, then hit Waterstone's for some holiday reading, and then sat in the park next to Buckingham Palace to read a book in the sunshine. Headed back on time thank God! I went straight out to the staff dinner at Bangkok House, an amazing Thai restaurant, and enjoyed some good banter with my colleagues before a couple of us went onto the pub for a couple more drinks. Dancing followed before we headed home.

I was exhausted so after a (very) long lie-in on Sunday I pottered around, picked up my car and then just watched LOADS of How I Met Your Mother, love it, a lot!!

Two days at work and I'm getting through some good stuff. Had a really constructive meeting with my boss who's impressed with me, yay, and managing to somehow be quite knowledgeable and organised. All good, so I'm feeling pretty content with it all.

So, anyway, I'm off to watch some TV or read my book for a bit, and then hit the hay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment